The role of women in the development of libraries has been an immense, but often over-looked portion of history. In this guide, the scope of the topic covers the late 19th century to the present and focuses mainly on American and European libraries. The materials presented here represent a variety of libraries - including public, medical, and academic, among others. This guide is intended for college students and is meant to lead researchers to relevant sources available from the University of South Florida library in Tampa.
1. Subject Headings and Browsing Areas: provides general search terms to use and general location of materials.
2. Biographies and Analyses: a list of print and e-books relating to the topic.
3. Journal Articles: a list of thirty-three journal articles available on the topic.
4. Audio and Video Sources: four oral history recordings and two videos available in VHS.
5. Bibliographies: four bibliographies, electronic and print.
6. Web Sources: three helpful websites to get started.